Bank teller - Morgan County
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sheffield, AL 35660
JOB TITLE: Part Time Teller
FLSA Status: Non Exempt Revision Date: June 2014
Department: Branch Administration Reports To: Head Teller
The part time teller is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to consumer and commercial customers by conducting cash, deposit, and withdrawal transactions efficiently and accurately while in compliance with established policies and procedures. Under the direct supervision of the Head Teller, the part time teller also assists new and existing customers with financial needs and offers products and services to fulfill those needs.
This position requires flexible hours.
- Identifies and meets customer needs through sales and service with focus on deepening customer relationships
- Actively listens for opportunities to cross-sell additional products and services
Answers customer inquiries and refers customers to the appropriate bank representative for specialized products and services
- Answers phone courteously within three rings or less
- Demonstrates Raving Fans behaviors and use of the Winning Play while creating exceptional customer experiences
- Resolves customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Maintain an adequate cash drawer at all times; this includes buying and selling currency to and from the vault, as necessary
Conducts cash, deposit, loan, deposit and withdrawal transactions accurately
- Balances cash drawer in accordance with Bank procedures and regulations
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow
- Contribute to the fulfillment of the department and bank objectives and goals
- Processes night deposits
- Completes Teller Hours Worksheet accurately and in a timely manner
- Prepares compliance forms, such as, Monetary Instrument Log (MIL), Currency Transaction Report (CTR), etc. accurately and in a timely manner
- Operates bank equipment, such as, teller machine, currency counter, cash advance machine, typewriter, etc.
- Issues Official Checks and Money Orders
- Trains with Head Teller to perform Head Teller duties
- Attends branch meetings
- Processes credit card cash advances
Performs other duties as assigned
Adhere to all regulatory requirements and bank policies and procedures
- Resolves any discrepancies involving Currency Transaction Reports (CTR), Monetary Instrument Log (MIL) in a timely manner
- Notifies Head Teller of any outage before close of day
- Adheres to the Cash Control Procedures
Ensures teller area is secure and all security requirements are followed
- Completes required online training assignments in a timely manner
- Generally good with little exposure to noise, extreme temperatures, dust, or other adverse factors.
- Considerable effort and eyestrain from continuously verifying accuracy of all work leaving the department.
May be required to stand for long periods of time while providing teller service.
Minimum Level of Preparation and Training
- High School diploma or equivalent
One year previous experience with direct customer service interaction required
Previous experience handling cash transactions preferred
Required Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills
- Ability to further develop consumer and commercial relationships and cross-sell additional products and services to match customer’s needs and wants
- Ability to develop knowledge of the bank’s products, services, and processes
- Ability to accomplish multiple objectives in a fast paced environment
Ability to develop a thorough understanding of bank specific software and other basic office equipment
- Excellent communication, team-work, and customer service skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, such as, Work, Excel, and Outlook
Employees are required to perform other duties as assigned by management that may not be listed. Management reserves the right to change this job description as needed.