Alarm Dispatcher - SUSA
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bessemer, AL 35020
Provides centrally managed law enforcement radio monitoring with event logging and recording, alarm monitoring of intrusion detection systems, and emergency dispatch, incident reporting and analysis, and remote alarm panel programming. In addition, the National Law Enforcement Control Centers (NLECCs) will provide after-hours emergency phone coverage for all Inspection Service divisions.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Monitors the Inspection Service’s national radio traffic, record events, provide information requested by radio users.
- Monitors intrusion detection systems using automated alarm monitoring software, initiate internal or police response based on defined criteria, accurately capture event information, confirm accuracy of data recorded in the alarm database, interact with postal employees including postal inspectors, postal customers, and police departments.
- Monitors and process after-hours phone traffic.
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Computer usage including regular data entry.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
Employer’s Job# 83700643006-Aug-2019
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.