Operations Support Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Calera, AL 35040
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Regional position that directs automation, instrumentation, and reliability engineering team to meet short and long-range objectives with optimum efficiency.
Ensure that the team members are aligned and properly technically trained and that necessary tools are available.
Drive the development and implementation of a sustainable reliability centered maintenance program that includes the collection and analysis of relevant maintenance configuration/condition data to change maintenance practices that minimize in-service asset/component failures, extend equipment life and optimize maintenance costs.
Support the efficient use of the maintenance / capital budgets through the identification of plant opportunities and by enacting budget control discipline.
Support the facilities in the planning, design, procurement, installation, start-up and training for kiln capital projects.
Focus on measuring productivity improvements to attain cost optimization for reliability/automation efforts.
Develop and implement improved maintenance processes aimed at optimizing the overall productivity of the facilities.
Track Key Performance Indicators (KPI s) to measure automation/reliability, up and down time of critical maintenance.
Drive culture of change from reactive to pro-active in the approach to asset management and reliability/automation.
Lead Lean initiatives at the locations.
Support Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) initiatives and awareness programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
RELIABILITY AND AVAILABILITY OF PLANT ASSETS AND EQUIPMENT
- Review and drive the updating of the Preventative Maintenance programs at the locations.
- Establish and monitor programs for critical equipment analysis and condition monitoring techniques.
- Create efficient spare parts inventory with a focus on development of critical spare parts inventory.
- Develop reliability program including predictive maintenance and lubrication programs.
- Regularly advise maintenance / production / plant management of the health of their maintenance program.
- Lead the Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) program to include the identification and resolution of equipment failures.
- Assists the location s leadership in the direction and prioritization of needed capital projects and expenses
- Allocate resources appropriately in the face of competing demands
- Ensure that equipment is properly designed, selected and installed based on life-cycle philosophy.
- Promote equipment standardization.
- Develop standards and specifications for major maintenance overhauls.
- Perform analysis of critical equipment failures and determine root cause.
- Assure spare parts inventory needs of all new equipment.
- Provide technical guidance for the CMMS (SAP).
- Serve as the focal point for monitoring performance indicators for maintenance management.
- Development and implementation of reliability system and programs.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, paid holidays, and vacation. Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Employer’s Job# R-003757
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.