Equipment Operator I - Road Dep Dist 2
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Cullman, AL 35055
The Cullman County Commission is hiring an Equipment Operator I for the Road Department District 2 (West Side). The employee will operate trucks and a variety of other less complex road construction equipment or may operate heavy equipment to perform semi-skilled work in a training mode. Will perform routine maintenance as required and other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
- Ability to operate and perform operator maintenance and small repairs on trucks, light tractors, graders, and backhoes.
- Ability to operate a tractor with large mowing attachments or implements to clean and clear rights-of-way.
- Ability to operate a compactor roller to compact surfaces, pull grid roller prior to paving.
- Ability to operate a bucket truck and dump truck.
- Ability to perform strenuous manual labor, including but not limited to operating a chain saw, using axe, bush axe, and saw to clear brush; loading and unloading heavy construction materials, shoveling asphalt, dirt, rocks, etc; installing and cleaning drainpipes.
- A Class “A” CDL or the ability to become certified within a set time limit.
- A driving record that meets the standards set by the County’s insurance carrier.
This is a “safety-sensitive” position. Successful candidate must pass a pre-employment drug screening and will be subject to random, unannounced drug screenings throughout employment with the County in all “safety-sensitive” positions.