Manager III/IV, Facilities Project
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Auburn, AL 36849
Req Nbr 28565
Job Title Manager III/IV, Facilities Project
Department/Organization Construction Management
Salary Grade 35
Salary Range $51,900 – $99,600
Job Summary Provides management and oversight of project scopes, budgets, bidding, design, compliance with codes and contracts, and day-to-day operational and tactical aspects associated with various projects and facilities.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
1. Coordinates and directs projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
2. Reviews, and implements project budgets, bids, contracts, and schedules.
3. Manages construction progress including ensuring that procedures and materials comply with specifications; observing work in progress; and performing physical inspections to assure timeliness, conformance with requirements, and acceptable workmanship.
4. Performs administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
5. Manages the services of architects, engineers, and contractors.
6. Coordinates with project team to continually monitor cost and time management, keeping current summaries of actual and projected expenditures, and apportioning the budget to the appropriate project components.
7. Develops and implement policies, standards, and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed on the various projects and facilities.
8. Identifies problems and deficiencies in design and implementation and recommends and/or implements solutions with appropriate persons or groups.
9. May be responsible for meeting and maintaining training and certification requirements as outlined by the applicable department’s training and credentialing requirements.
Minimum Qualifications Entry into the applicant pool at Level III requires a Bachelors degree in Building Science, Architecture, Engineering or related field plus 6 years experience in project administration.
Level IV requires a Bachelors degree in Building Science, Architecture, Engineering or related field plus 8 years experience in project administration.
Knowledge of construction methods and procedures to include building codes, construction law, state building guidelines, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) codes, and state contract guidelines and bid processes.
A valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one prior to selection is required.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is required.
Desired Qualifications Job Order Contracting and Estimating experience preferred.
Posting Date 08-19-2019
Close Date 08-29-2019
Job Class Code NC56 C/D
Job Category Administrative Grade 34 and above
Quicklink for Posting www.auemployment.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=193957