B Lineman - Overhead
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Eufaula, AL 36027
Position Summary: ?The Class B Lineman is a semi-skilled position in the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical overhead distribution systems. This position works at various locations and may also be required to travel to another state depending on customer demands.
- Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead work.
- Strings overhead wire.
- Sets poles and anchors.
- Installs transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, crossarms, insulators, switches and switchgear.
- Troubleshoots in primary and secondary systems.
- Replaces fuses in transformers and clears faulted circuits and systems.
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor.
- Must be able to identify primary and secondary voltage on a circuit.
- Must be familiar with induced voltage.
- Understands grounding procedures.
- Understands how to use a load buster tool.
- Capable of installing and hooking up a single phase transformer.
- Capable of safely setting a pole.
- Must understand equipment set up and grounding.