Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Prattville, AL 36066
SUMMARY Supervises and coordinates activities of service staff during banquets to ensure that food is served promptly by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Consults with Banquet Manager on such items as serving arrangements and additional associates and equipment needed.
• Supervises temporary banquet associates.
• Requisitions table linen, china, glassware, and silverware.
• Orders preparation of salads and coffee.
• Observes food being served to ensure that food is correctly garnished and arranged on plates.
• Supervise Banquets staff in the set-up, serving, and breaking down of all events.
• Communicate with the guest making sure all needs and/or changes are met.
• Attends daily BEO meeting and discusses plan of action for the next day with the Maitre d’.
• Upon reporting to work, receives room function assignments from maitre d’ and discusses last minute changes.
• Ensures that all functions are posted correctly on the event board in the lobby.
• Maintains constant contact with the Banquet Chef to ensure complete, effective communication between food productions and food service. Gives exact count after guests have been seated; advises as to last minute timing.
• Check-in servers, assigns stations, and pre-posts function sidework duties.
• Inspects table place settings, including table linen, china, glass, silverware and condiments for correct placement by set-up crew and to ensure that each element is clean, undamaged and attractive.
• Responsible for proper setting of buffet tables and other food service tables used for catering functions.
• Sees that all scheduled functions take place on-time and according to plan. All rooms are to be ready 20 minutes before time on BEO.
• Check servers out, making sure that function rooms, aisle and storage areas are clean, and equipment is cleaned and stored properly.
• Prepares daily summary and turns in at Front desk with all competed banquet checks.
• Conducts server training as needed.
• Extend and total the check (double-check for accuracy) and have host sign the check.
• Trains and develops back-up personnel for the position of Banquet Captain.
• Regular and prompt attendance as well as the ability to work the schedule as defined and overtime as required. Any problems punching in or out must be reported to your supervisor immediately.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Directly supervises 20-30 associates in the Banquets. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.