Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Montgomery, AL 36109
Job Title: Inventory Analyst
Req ID: 14248
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Inventory Analyst is responsible for the initiation and maintenance of standard work and other departmental procedures in order to achieve inventory integrity while also improving the Materials Group overall Quality, Cost, and Delivery objectives. This is accomplished through the use of Lean Tools in order to identify problems, recommend solutions and drive implementation through the use of continues improvement activities.
- Using Lean Tools; identify, participate, and implement continues improvement activities to impact departments overall quality, cost, and delivery initiatives within the Materials Group.
- Develops and maintains standard work documentation and other AMI procedures to ensure compliance.
- Perform 5S, Standard Work, Stand-in-Circle, and Inventory audits to identify opportunities of improvement.
- Perform extensive root cause analysis using our 8 Step Problem Solving Tools and implement corrective action measures.
- Assist area supervisor(s) in maintaining and data gathering of information with area(s) SQCD Boards.
- Assist area supervisor(s) in implementation of visual management tools.
- Assist area supervisor(s) in management and identification of T-Card (5s) Audit Boards.
- Participates and facilitate the implementation of Safety and Ergonomic improvements.
- Participate and facilitate the implementation of area supervisors(s) Idea Generation System.
- Provide job specific training to new and existing employees where applicable.
- Monitor and maintenance of over 8,500 active part numbers; approximately 7,500 shop orders alone with variance reporting and analysis.
- Maintain, evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements in material requirements to drive down inventory levels.
- Management of daily cyclical program and performs root cause analysis of inventory discrepancies.
- Manage and maintain inventory location integrity, assigned admin work centers, unplanned inventory transfers, and sub inventory interface reconciliation between AS400 and Oracle.
- Responsible for creating, measuring, disseminating and presenting statistical data and variance reporting and analysis.
- Coordinates Engineering Change Requests (ECN’s) to ensure stock balancing activities occur properly to eliminate slow moving/obsolete inventory and results in timely cut in of such changes.
- Participate in the reduction and disposition of excess and obsolete inventory.
- Manage the transition of EEP inventory to SSI Inventory through identification, submission, approval authorization, and SSI website initiation.
- The above statements reflect the general details of the job and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all duties inherent in the job.
- College degree in Business or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft EXCEL, Microsoft WORD, and a working knowledge of Shop Floor Control and AS400 system and Oracle preferred. Direct hands on experience… For full info follow application link.
STERIS Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.