Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Montgomery, AL 36109
Job Title: CNC Programmer
Req ID: 6088
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
Our Mission: At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are: STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries.
Recommend and develop CNC Programs and processes for optimum machinery and manufacturing efficiency.
- Recommends and establishes Computer Numerical Control machine tool methods and procedures to replace existing conventional metal removal and machining methods.
- Suggests and optimizes machine tool speeds and feeds to maintain high manufacturing demands while holding the required tolerances and obtaining maximizing tool life.
- Initiate written requests for tooling and fixtures used on CNC machine tools such as lathes, mills, punch presses as well as secondary machines.
- Develop CNC programs for two (2) or more axis machine tools using the current approved software package.
- Develop the best CNC method of manufacturing with regards to machine selection, fixtures and tooling.
- Assist tool design in the development and implementation of fixtures for new product lines.
- Perform mathematical calculations (i.e., trigonometry) to assure correct x, y and z coordinates for machined features.
- Develop spreadsheets to analyze any given opportunity (test tooling cost analysis, etc.
- Work with machine tool and tooling vendors to assure the products purchased meets the needs of the Montgomery facility.
- Develop standard work, tool setup sheets, and standard operations sheets for production jobs.
- Trouble shoots various problems (i.e., improper tooling, dull tools, wrong location of machined feature, etc.) and develop corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Type memos to keep management and various vendors informed on projects.
- Assist with the training of the production machinist.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum five (5) years experience in machining/metal removal methods.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound trouble shooting skills.
- Strong math skills including the ability to apply them.
- Minimum one (1) year CNC related programming experience.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of three (3) years CAD experience preferred.
- General PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 14,000 employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual… For full info follow application link.
STERIS Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.