Entry Level Process Controls Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
McIntosh, AL 36553
Entry Level Process Controls Engineer
.# of openings2
Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation, is seeking an Entry Level Process Controls Engineer located at the Freeport, Texas plant and other US locations. Additional locations may include Charleston, Tennessee; McIntosh, Alabama; Niagara Falls, New York; Plaquemine, Louisiana; and the St. Gabriel, Louisiana manufacturing sites. Process Controls Engineers are involved with plant process control and process data management systems, including DCS systems, computers, operating systems, PLCs, networks, network security, varied I/O platforms, software applications, instrumentation and system administration.
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin is the world’s leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester’s principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
Typical responsibilities for an entry-level Process Controls Engineer include the following:
- Provide technical support for design functions by preparing standards, equipment specifications and verification of compliance with codes, standards and design best practices within the controls industry and Olin Chlor Alkali
- Specify, configure and commission new applications and assist in troubleshooting and developing PM’s for existing systems
- Work with all disciplines to support capital and maintenance projects; Work with equipment suppliers and other vendors and contractors to ensure project goals are met
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHAs) and feasibility studies
- Coordinate training for maintenance technicians, engineering and operations for existing and future systems
- Continue to develop knowledge of programming, instrument and control tools through continuing education of latest products to implement future solutions for control issues
- Implement preventive maintenance programs for DCS systems, insuring consistency and standardization throughout Chlor Alkali Products Division
- Support implementation, training and usage of data management system (Pi)
- Help develop the skills of maintenance, operations and management personnel by identifying, developing and presenting training opportunities
- Assist in developing policies, procedures and standards
- Update P&IDs of plant processes with manufacturing equipment
- Assist with troubleshooting, gathering and analyzing data
- Participate in plant shutdowns/outages
- Support plant and Operational and Maintenance Excellence goals
- Participate in safety meetings, training activities and follow established safety procedures and practices
Requirements for successful candidates include:
- BS Degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering from a College or University accredited by the US Department of Education. Degree must be completed no later than August 31, 2020
- Must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (documentation required). Cumulative GPA on current institution transcript will be used in transfer college situations
- Demonstrated ability to problem… For full info follow application link.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.