Engineering Aide I Huntsville, AL Redstone Arsenal
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35801
Evaluation and Scrap Documentation of Government Furnished Material (GFM).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Disassembly of Government Furnished Material (GFM).
- Evaluate condition and functionality of GFM.
- Tear down and assembly of GFM equipment.
- Material handling and packaging of disassembled parts for shipping.
- Documenting and tracking of Condition A and F materials.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College credits preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to use hand and cutting tools.
- Ability to disassemble and assemble equipment per technical diagrams.
- Ability to operate hoist and forklift.
- Intermediate computer experience. Preferably Microsoft applications, i.e. Word, Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- May require occasional lifting or moving of items up to 50+ lbs.
- Work is primarily performed in a climate controlled office environment.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster – EEO is the Law Supplement
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
EPPA English – EPPA Spanish
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster
FMLA English – FMLA Spanish
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.C for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
This Organization participates in E-verify/Esta Organizacion participa en E-Verify. E-Verify Participation Poster
Employer’s Job# 9d021a687a
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.