Plant Cost Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Phenix City, AL 36867
Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Plant Cost Analyst. The purpose of this role is to provide financial analysis, assist in developing forecasts, and cost accounting. Incumbent will also support annual strategic and operating plan requirements while providing specific support to assigned functions and businesses.
- Assist in completion of monthly closing process.
- Assist in completion of necessary financial and management reporting requirements to communicate results, identify key issues, and drive continuous improvement.
- Fixed asset capitalization, retirements, and inventory.
- Ensure financial controls and procedures are followed.
- Develop and maintain key performance metrics for assigned areas.
- Support productivity related processes (business productivity reviews).
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts monthly.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, with a minimum of 0 – 2 years’ experience in finance/accounting.
- Solid interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Moderate travel required (2 – 15 days per year).
- Work environment is typical of an office setting.
- Willing to consider future opportunities at other JM locations.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Employer’s Job# PHC-6416
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.