Electrical Engineering Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35806
Electrical Engineering Technician
Position Location:Huntsville, Alabama
Company Overview: Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, TSC is an employee-owned company that has been providing high-quality technical services and solutions for our customers’ for over 50 years.Our diverse portfolio includes providing full lifecycle support in Precision Strike and Area Effects; Area Protection; Airborne Sensors and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR); Vehicle Protection; Electronic Warfare Systems; Air And Missile Defense; Space Systems, and Intelligence and Information Systems.TSC offers a professional working environment, a competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package.Come and join our team!
TSC Operation Highlights
TSC’s Systems Development and Production Division provides products and services in the areas of radar, communication systems, sensors, antennas and other electronics systems to the missile, radar/sensor system, communications, control systems, data acquisition, and signal processing markets. The company has developed products ranging from board-level, application-specific designs to complete, turnkey radar and communication systems. TSC has established a state-of-the-art hardware capability that is well respected by customers in Government and industry. TSC also provides full spectrum systems engineering support including theoretical analysis, requirements generation, interface control, and test planning/execution/data analysis.
The Physical Design Services Group at TSC’s Systems Development and Production Division in Huntsville, AL is currently looking to hire an Electrical Engineering Technician with an education and industry focus in the electronics design / test and packaging of electronics systems.Experience with high density airborne or ruggedized electronics assemblies in support of radars/sensors, missile seekers and communications systems is highly desired.
- Support build and test phases of system and subsystem hardware development activities, including prototyping and end item development and evaluation in laboratory and field test environments.
- Hands on lab testing of in house developed electronics hardware. Common equipment used includes oscilloscopes, vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators and anechoic chambers.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret test results and troubleshoot failures
- Develop qualification plans and support testing at TSC and external test facilities
- Develop production assembly procedures and support production builds
- Associates of Science degree and minimum of 3 years’ experience in electronic packaging systems
- Experience working with electronics test equipment
- Experience developing and executing test procedures for electronics modules and systems
- Self-motivated and free-thinking individual capable of technical discussion, complex problem solving and scrutinizing prior assumptions.
- Experience with real-time embedded operating systems and test applications
- Experience with data analysis scripting languages (e.g. Matlab, Python or MathCAD)
- IPC-A-610 Certification
U.S. Citizenship Required:Yes
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:Yes – Secret
Travel:Yes, 5% of time
*Relocation… For full info follow application link.
TSC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.