Onsite Inventory Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Decatur, AL 35601
Onsite Inventory Associate (CUS001163)
Wesco Aircraft is a dynamic, global company looking for enthusiastic team members to support our vision: To generate value in everything we do every day as a highly engaged team delivering the best customer experience. We invest in our employees, providing outstanding opportunities for career progression and personal development. We invite you to explore a career with our Wesco Aircraft Customer Operations Team.
The Onsite Inventory Associate is accountable for representing Wesco Aircraft values, quality and commitment, and for maintaining adequate stock levels at the customer location (production/assembly floor or warehouse location). This person is in daily contact with the customer in a production or warehouse environment (such as: mechanics, maintenance team, customer’s management team, etc.) and is usually the first point of contact for the customer on behalf of Wesco.
As an Onsite Inventory Associate travelling may be required between customer sites as well as from Wesco’s hardware warehouse. This position requires the utmost levels of professionalism in the face of the customer and excellent correspondence skills using various methods of communication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent Wesco’s vision, values and objectives in all job-related activities, sustaining excellent customer relationships
- Maintain strong knowledge of Wesco products (including, but not limited to: hardware, chemicals, tooling, and electric components), services, inventory systems, quality requirements, and customer plans and specifications
- Monitor production floor bins and storage cabinets to determine when replenishment of stock is required
- Perform regular inventory inspections for shelf life/ expiration dates as required
- Utilize hand scanners to scan stocking locations on the customer site and transmit replenishment orders to Wesco mainframe for processing
- Receive and verify product and documentation to ensure accuracy of inventory required for the customer specifications and site
- Gather, deliver, and stock: inventory storage cribs and fill bins/cabinets on the customer site accurately with required orders
- Level load production floor bins as necessary due to back order conditions
- Utilize pallet jacks, drum dollies, drive forklifts, and/or order picker, when trained/certified
- Maintain floor cleanliness, apply labels, and repair and/or replace bins, cabinets, and racks, as required
- Practice and promote good housekeeping within the on-site work environment
- Respond to hazardous material releases and provide spill cleanup according to Safety & Health standards while utilizing and interpreting chemical detection devices and associated equipment
- Maintain communication with customer Production Floor Supervisors and Lead Persons to assist in new add part numbers, bin changes, and bin quantities, with the On-Site Representative and/or Program Manager
- Communicate part expedites, quality issues, and/or other problems to the On-Site Representative, Onsite Supervisor, or Program Manager for root cause analysis, communication, and implementation of a resolution
- Actively seek and recommend process improvements to On Site Representative, Leads, Supervisor, or Program Managers, to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Accommodate Special Requirements which may be established by the customer supervisor, including but not limited to work schedule changes, required overtime, working holidays, and weekends, as… For full info follow application link.
Wesco Aircraft is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.