Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35805
Avion Solutions is seeking candidates for an Engineer for the following near term efforts:
Support Handling Qualities and Flight Performance evaluations of Army rotary wing aircraft (primary) with secondary support to fixed wing aircraft.Provide engineering input/support recommendations to engineering functional and programmatic groups. Conduct test planning, entrance/exit criteria development, review flight test reports and plans, perform mission analysis, validate/verify operator’s manuals Performance and Handling Qualities sections, recommend flight test procedures for both Performance and Handling Qualities, review flight test data, review OEM/Contractor submissions. Location of the work effort is in the Huntsville, AL area, possibly on Redstone Arsenal.
POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD.
- BS and ten (10) years’ experience or MS and eight (8) years’ experience in Aerospace/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Experience including one or more of the following:
- Advanced Data Analysis, Digital Signal Processing, vibration analysis, data analysis, test plans/reports, and failure investigation supporting system safety and airworthiness
- Experience with Army aircraft systems, or prior Military Service is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Travel up to 25% is required
- FAR Part 23/Part 25 certification experience/understanding is desired
Avion Solutions, Inc. reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Avion Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA governed Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities. Avion Solutions, Inc. provides all employees and job applicants’ equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, national origin or any other reason prohibited by law.