CDL Driver 1 (Birmingham)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35210
CDL Driver 1 (Birmingham)
Birmingham, AL – Birmingham, AL 35210 US (Primary)
Primary Purpose: Under general supervision, performs a range of task required for industrial service operations to include but not limited to, tank cleaning, pipeline maintenance, manual remediation services, waste bulking, and/or demolition services, in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Follow applicable safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site specific safety plans when performing cleanup activities and donning protective gear
- Load and unload equipment from vehicles, trailers and watercraft
- Operate routinely used tools and equipment to include, but not limited to steam cleaners, water lasers, cascade systems, chemical mixers, generators, air saws, drills, grinders, cutting torches, etc.
- May operate heavy equipment necessary for cleanup operations to include backhoe, excavator, etc.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained, repaired and in maximum operating condition
- Perform physical labor associated with cleanup activities, sample collection, waste removal and other remediation services
- Warehouse maintenance, stock supplies, building maintenance
- Complete required paperwork, forms and records as required
- Drive trucks, tankers and other vehicles requiring a CDL
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Must be able to interpret and follow written and oral instructions and assignments
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must meet the position level requirements as listed below.
- New driver, recently obtained CDL B/A and/or little driving experience
- Willing and able to support field operations as required
- Must have a CDL A or B license
- Complete HEPACO CDL Driver field practical and obtain sign-off by a qualified person
- Demonstrates strong safety values; can identify hazards and take appropriate action
Must be able to satisfactorily pass a pre-employment and annual physical examination as required under HEPACO’s Medical Surveillance Program. Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and kneeling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds or more with assistance.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety standards, including the occasional use of a respirator. Must be willing and able to enter into and work in confined and dark spaces, as well as in small boats, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time. Frequent travel is required.
HEPACO is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status,… For full info follow application link.
HEPACO, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.