Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Anniston, AL 36201
Auto req ID
Ahtna Professional Services Inc
Job Location (State)
External & Internal
Open Continuous (Pool)
APSI Alarm Monitor and Dispatch Officer (AMDO) is an unarmed position within the security and protective service field of work. The duties of AMDO’s are to monitor and take the appropriate response to the campus electronic security systems and building automation systems, i.e. access control, intrusion detection, fire alarm, video surveillance, building utilities, elevator monitoring, etc., receive radio and telephone calls, dispatch security personnel, and report discrepancies for corrective action, as needed; issue and account for keys and locks. APSI is seeking qualified applicants to fill full-time AMDO Positions in Aniston, Alabama.
Duties may include work for prolonged periods of time, including periods of inclement weather, while performing walking, standing, monitoring, and surveillance or sitting duties essential to the performance of the security functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor alarms, radio traffic and other information sources. Dispatch or inform others as needed and authorized.
- Report and appropriately address fire alarms, burglary alarms, requests for assistance and criminal acts; including but not limited to: vandalism, theft, illegal entry or attempted entry, suspicious behavior, domestic or workplace violence, threats, speed or other vehicle violations, illegal drug use, inappropriate use of facility or client equipment or property.
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. Ahlna Professional Services, Inc. are Equal Opportunity/Attinnative Action Employers and a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Properly use equipment issued or available for use.
- Prevent passage of prohibited articles onto or off of client facility.
- Maintain all necessary licensing, certifications, training and records for legal employment for the AMDO; keep and maintain all Security Clearances and documentation necessary for individual sites to include all for required ARMED positions, if required.
- Use portable radios, phones or other communication devises appropriately and according to established rules.
- Monitor all APSI and client equlpment; guard against loss or damage; report any such loss or damage immediately to a supervisor or manager.
- Log in Property Pass numbers for authorized property/equipment movements.
- Ensure the security of government property, detaining personnel using the mantrap when needed, and reporting anyone involved with unauthorized property/equipment removal.
- Monitor electronic access control and report violations
- Monitor radio-frequency identification (RFID) systems and respond to alarms indicating unauthorized removal of government property.
- Grant access to areas during non-working hours to authorized personnel in accordance with the established procedure and access lists.
- Monitor facility equipment and utility systems and report deficiencies to personnel responsible for repairs.
- Perform random surveillance of buildings for the detection of unauthorized or inappropriate activity.
- Perform random surveillance of fence line for breaches and the detection of unauthorized removal of government property, illegal or… For full info follow application link.
Ahtna Professional Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or protected veteran status. Native preference applies under PL 93-638. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.