Technical Bolting Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36618
TEAM, Inc. is seeking a Technical Bolting Technician local to the Mobile, AL area for a full-time position.
Applicants should have a strong mechanical background with 2 years of experience preferred.
Urine based and hair follicle drug screens required.
Great benefits package included.
Come join our winning TEAM.
The Technical Bolting Technician is responsible for executing technical bolting and joint integrity services in accordance with approve site and company procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concern
- Performs all duties as assigned and adheres to TEAM’s Core Values.
- Follows TEAM’s 7 critical choices.
- Conducts planning, break-out, assembly and inspection, and fault and leak diagnosis.
- Maintains reporting and documentation of technical bolting services activities as required.
- Performs technical bolting services on client work sites performing any of any of the following duties:
o P&ID review and equipment identification
o Torque with clicker wrenches
o Torque with hydraulic torque wrenches
o Stud tensioning
o Bolt measuring (ultrasonic)
o Hydraulic nut splitting
o Bolt calculations of pre-load
o Joint integrity reporting
o Visual positive material identification on bolted flange joint components
o Flange Identification and damage mechanisms
o Joint Criticality Assessment
- Identifies circumstances that necessitate the use of proper safety procedures and equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Technical school or relevant training preferred.
- Two (2) years of industry related experience preferred.
- Recent military service with mechanical, instrument, or electrical training.
- Travel Requirements: 0% – 25%
- Position is based out of a branch or site location.
- Field duties require indoor and outdoor work in a plant atmosphere
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds
- Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations
- Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant… For full info follow application link.
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be a basic principle at Team. Employment at our Company is based upon merit, ability and qualifications. No qualified applicant or employee is to be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or other status protected by federal, state, local or other law.