Porter Full Time
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35801
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This is an evening position working under limited supervision performs a variety of janitorial task. Responsible for cleaning tasks in a newly built manufacturing facility. Expected to work as a team player in achieving practical objectives and meeting defined service level targets
- Ensure equipment, tools, and work areas are maintained in a clean, safe and orderly manner.
- Required to work with, schedule and coordinate activities of other vendors including specialists
- Have the ability to work flexible hours to accommodate client needs
- Performs a variety of cleaning/maintenance duties as assigned including but not limited to replacing incandescent and fluorescent light bulbs, sweeping, mopping, shampooing carpet.
- Perform walk-throughs throughout the day to ensure general cleanliness of office; wipe surfaces, empty garbage, load/unload dishwasher, sweep, etc.
- Set up and move furniture and materials, including equipment that requires special handling.
- Clean hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and other areas
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment, sweep, scrub, wax and polish floors
- Police entire property for spills or water and clean up immediately
- Must handle a variety of cleaning solvents and chemicals
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by Account Manager in response to the needs of the client
- Safety ensure C&W Services safety policy is implemented and safety program goals are met
- Quality meet annual goals for customer service issues
- Delivery follow service delivery processes meet response and completion time targets
QUALIFICATIONS: TO PERFORM THIS POSITION SUCCESSFULLY, AN INDIVIDUAL MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM EACH JOB DUTY SATISFACTORILY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES REQUIRED. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good client/customer service skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to speak, read, write English.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products or willing to learn.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal professionally with clients, vendors and associates on the phone and in person
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to adapt to different people, situations and changing priorities with grace and flexibility as well as demonstrating an appropriate sense of urgency
- Reliable and punctual
- Copier/fax/FedEx/postage machine knowledge
- Strong organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Knowledge of AV equipment and limited technology in meeting environments
- Valid driver s license preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employer’s Job# R75800-Huntsville
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.