Research Fellow I/II
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Auburn, AL 36849
Req Nbr 28576
Job Title Research Fellow I/II
Department/Organization Forestry & Wildlife
Salary Grade 32
Salary Range $35,000 – $65,500
Status Limited Term
Job Summary This is a two year limited-term appointment and continuation of employment is contingent upon availability of funding
The Forest Products Development Center (FPDC) within the School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences (SFWS) is seeking a Research Fellow. The Research Fellow will work with other FPDC scientists and collaborators and provide expertise in the area of fiber and cellulose technology.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participates in ongoing research programs or projects
- May supervise undergraduate students, technicians and others, but supervision is not a major part of the job.
- Assists others in conducting and performing research, project proposals, research designs, protocols for labs. Will design and conduct experiments. Will work in a clean and dirty lab environment.
- Will ensure the safety protocols and procedures for the lab are in place and in compliance to University requirements.
- Coordinates or assists with logistics of chemistry research to include equipment, materials, and labor needs.
- Collects data/samples related to own research (if funding is available) and Center research which can be complex in chemistry and performance.
- Must write peer reviewed papers and and support for new research proposals.
- Will need to develop and follow budgets according to University, State and Federal requirements.
- May prepare research results for publication or presentation at conferences to include performing literature reviews and writing results and discussions.
- May serve as an instructor and/or supervisor to other researchers and students in area of expertise.
- May provide consulting to third party organizations related to research activities.
-May maintain projects and/or coordinate funding.
Minimum Qualifications Entry into the applicant pool requires a Doctoral degree from an accredited institution in Wood Science, Forest Biomaterials, Chemical Engineering or related fields.
A valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one prior to selection is required.
Please utilize the attachment feature of the online application system and attach curriculum vitae or resume, cover letter and contact information for 3 professional references. Only complete applications will be considered for selection. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is required.
Desired Qualifications Ability to operate QCM-D, various analytical instruments such as GC, GC/MS, HPLC, FTIR/NIR, TGA; chemical and wood fiber chemistry laboratory procedures. Experience with wood composites manufacture and testing.
Posting Date 08-22-2019
Close Date 09-02-2019
Job Class Code HA03
Job Category Research
Quicklink for Posting www.auemployment.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=193970