Donor Services Technician (Phlebotomist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Opelika, AL 36801
As an employee of LifeSouth Community Blood Centers, you will become a part of a team of highly professional and dedicated workers who are united in providing the best possible health support services to our communities. As a team member, you will be expected to help us maintain our high standards as well as exhibit genuine, personal concern for our donors and the patients we serve.
Your employment with the blood center will provide you with many opportunities to advance professionally and personally. We are interested in you as an individual and as an integral part of our team.
LifeSouth employees are our greatest asset and that is why we offer a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
• Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
• Health Savings and Medical Spending Account options
• Cancer insurance and Supplemental Life
• Competitive pay
• Retirement plan & 403(b)
• Direct deposit
• Paid Time Off
• 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
• Fitness Program
At LifeSouth we ask for your best performance, your loyal interest, and your creative suggestions. In return, we hope you will experience personal and professional growth and enjoy the satisfaction and rewards of your work here.
LifeSouth Community Blood Centers is currently seeking an individual to join our team as a Donor Services Technician in Opelika, AL. This position is responsible for duties related to taking blood donations and conducting donor physicals. The selected candidate will be working in a center or on a bloodmobile at various locations throughout the area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform phlebotomies and collect blood from donors according to LifeSouth Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Collect blood using automated instruments (once trained)
- Register donors for blood collection in the LifeSouth computer system (IBBIS)
- Determine donor eligibility based on the results of the donor interview and physical process
- Accurately identify donors in every step of the donation process
- Assist in recruitment, telerecruitment and rescheduling of donors
- Convert donors to automated technology (apheresis) when appropriate
- Provide the highest level of customer service to both internal and external customers
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license. Must also meet and maintain LifeSouth driver’s eligibility requirements
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Previous customer service experience
This is a full-time position. Starting salary range is $12.00 – $13.20 an hour. All offers of employment with LifeSouth are contingent upon applicants passing a pre-employment drug screen and/or physical examination and background check. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free/VEVRAA.
The position description may not include all the duties and responsibilities of the job. Duties and responsibilities that are not listed, but which the employee may be expected to perform, will fall within the scope of the skills, knowledge and training for the position.
LifeSouth is a Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace. LifeSouth is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor as well as an affirmative action employer and provides equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as LifeSouth desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. LifeSouth complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
If you require any assistance to complete the application process or during the interview due to a disability, please contact the LifeSouth region where you are applying or call 1-888-795-2707 to request an accommodation. If you have questions regarding the information contained in this job posting call 1-888-795-2707 and ask to speak to the Talent & Recruitment Coordinator. Applications may be completed at a LifeSouth facility or mailed to corporate headquarters in lieu of the on-line application process.