IPS Manager (YUL0178_COMPANY_1)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35824
The Integrated Product Support (IPS) Manager will oversee the day-to-day activities of the IPS Department and Supervisors while ensuring that customer expectations regarding cost, schedule and technical performance for all IPS projects and products are met or exceeded.
• Interviews, hires, completes performance reviews, develops, counsels, mentors, and disciplines employees.
• Develops, maintains, and enforces adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), processes, and policies within the IPS department.
• Implements change and promotes continual improvement.
• Evaluates and provides feedback for all IPS departmental and supervisory training requirements
• Manages the IPS overhead budget and conducts financial management cadence for all IPS projects.
• Approves travel, training, and supply requests.
• Assists Supervisors with risk management.
• Analyzes, formulates and reports quality metrics for IPS products to the Quality department.
• Interacts with Government, industry partners and customers, as well as with Yulista team members and managers during planning sessions, program reviews, etc.
• Evaluates and communicates software and hardware requirements to the IT department.
• Performs final reviews on all Statement of Works (SOWs), cost impacts, Rough Order of Magnitudes (ROMs), Order of Execution Plans (OEPs), and Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
• Establishes spend plans, executes and assists supervisors with resource management, and performs final spend plan reviews for all ongoing projects monthly.
• Other duties may be assigned
This position has direct reports and supervisory responsibilities for the IPS Analyst, Logistics Analyst and Publications Development Supervisors. This position has the authority to appropriately delegate responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated knowledge of MIL-STD-40051, MIL-PRF-63002, MIL-PRF-63029, and associated specifications for the development of technical publication, such as Modification Work Orders (MWOs), Depot Maintenance Work Requirements (DMWR), Technical Manuals (TMs), to include Maintenance Manuals (13&P/23&P/etc.), Operator Manuals (-10/-CL/-MTF), Preventive Maintenance Manuals (PMS/PMI/PMD/PPM), Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTOs), Technical Orders (TOs), etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge of interpreting Department of the Army pamphlets, Army Regulations, military standards, performance specifications, detail specifications, handbooks, etc. during the development of technical publications.
• Demonstrated knowledge of interpreting USAF and or USN pamphlets, USAF/USN Regulations, military, etc. during the development of technical publications is a plus.
• Moderate ability to interpret engineering drawings, Acceptance Test Plans (ATPs), Maintenance Operational Checks (MOCs), etc. to translate the pertinent information into technical instructions / procedures.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Logistics Analysis, such as initial provisioning, Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA), Level of Repair Analysis (LORA), etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Life Cycle Logistics, such as planning, development, implementation and management of a system.
• Demonstrated knowledge of a systems life cycle, such as acquisition, sustainment and disposal.
• Expert computer skills with the Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn additional computer skills or to utilize additional software programs.
• Maintain an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) including file version control utilizing Subversion (SVN) and SharePoint.
• Expert analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and consider decision impact across multiple areas with limited information and in high stress situations and environments.
• Expert decision analysis and problem-solving skills with the ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions to executives; must be able to communicate issues to management and regulatory agencies
• Expert ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Expert ability to develop complex technical reports, presentations and correspondence.
• Expert interpersonal skills to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of team members
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to concisely communicate complex information in high pressure, emergency situations to others.
• Expert professional customer relationship management skills, including presentation, active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
• Expert ability to learn and follow corporate, company and departmental polices, processes and procedures.
• Expert ability to effectively handle multiple activities simultaneously and successfully function in a cross functional development environment.
• BA/BS with 15 years’ experience; or High School Diploma or equivalent with 20 years’ technical experience.
• Ability to pass background and drug screening.
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.