Radar Systems Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35812
Cimarron is currently seeking an experienced Radar Systems Engineer to support the Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) missile-defense program in Huntsville, AL.
• Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
• Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance, and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
• Develops the plan, organizes, implements, and monitors requirement management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management, and technology readiness assessment processes.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Must possess an active U.S. government Secret clearance.
• 3 or more years of experience in generating systems requirements with traceability to higher level and flow down to lower level hardware and software requirements.
• RADAR systems analysis or design experience.
• 3 or more years analog and digital signal processing experience.
• Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams in an integrated product environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to travel 25% or more to Huntington Beach, CA for site transition activities.
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or PhD in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related science/technology discipline.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Experience with embedded Power PC processors.
• 1 or more years of experience with Xilinx Field Programmable Gate Array devices.
• RF and signal integrity experience with an emphasis on Printed Wiring Board implementation.
• Experience with MATLAB Simulink analysis and simulation tools.
• Experience reviewing documentation for Configuration Management.
• Embedded Processor system experience including software development practices, procedures, and validation activities.
• Experience defining test plans, procedures, and reports to validate performance specifications.
• Experience performing failure analysis that includes root cause corrective action recommendations.
• Capable of deriving, tracking, and maintaining system Technical Performance measures, Size, and Weight.
• Power, RF Tx and Rx chain Loss, Noise Figure, and other performance budgets.
• Familiar with system Interface Control Document (ICD) generation and maintenance.
• Previous Boeing experience
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We ensure customer success with a modern approach and experienced leadership. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, Cimarron is fueled by highly skilled employees, developing new innovative technologies, and delivering superior products and services.
We believe in recognizing employees’ worth by offering competitive salaries and benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) contributions, educational reimbursement, and much more. From company-wide information meetings led by our President and CEO, to an Awards program designed to recognize our amazing employees and their accomplishments, you will not only feel like you are a part of a team, you will be a valued member of the Cimarron family.
Cimarron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran. Due to facility security requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for consideration at this time.