Sales Floor Associate [JOB ID: 2019-11]
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa , AL 35401
Job Title: Sales Floor Associate
Reports to: General Manager
Supervision: No supervisory responsibilities
Salary Range: $10-$14/hour depending on experience
Responsible for selling Mobile Fixture and Equipment products, services and assisting customers with purchases. Ensures a pleasant customer experience by asking the customer questions and listening in order to provide further assistance. Educates customers on features and benefits of products offered, including suggestive selling for the customer’s immediate needs while also recommending additional items and/or services. Performs point-of-sale (POS) transactions, process returns of store merchandise, maintain floor inventory and good housekeeping.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Greets customers with enthusiasm and a sincere desire to assist.
2. Answers phone and routes customer calls accordingly.
3. Engages customer by asking questions and listening in an effort to determine the customers’ individual needs.
4. Recommends merchandise based on customers’ individual needs.
5. Advises customers on use, advantages and care of store merchandise.
6. Answers customers’ questions and concerns.
7. Performs sales support at POS transaction.
8. Processes returns courteously and professionally.
9. Remains knowledgeable and current on store merchandise, promotional events and sales.
10. Assists in the display of merchandise.
11. Ensures store is adequately stocked with merchandise.
12. Maintains good housekeeping standards.
13. Contributes towards a team effort by accomplishing business goals as needed.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
15. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an indoor, sales floor type environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. Constant moving, talking, listening, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours.
2. Stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders on occasion (as needed).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and general hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the hours may vary depending on holidays and additional tasks assigned.
There is no travel required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. HS Diploma or GED
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Previous sales experience preferred but not required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Successful completion of a drug screen and background check.
2. Must have a valid driver’s license.
3. Ability to listen and communicate (written and verbal) effectively.
4. Must have proper phone etiquette.
5. Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
6. Ability to protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
7. Must be able to multi-task, while being attentive to customers.
8. Ability to perform basic math functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer