Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Eastaboga, AL 36260
• Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment
• Basic computer skills
• Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
• Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates. Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons identifying shipping information on cartons.
• Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers. Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding. Nails covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal tape, using strapping machine.
• Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
• Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
• Routes items to departments. Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
• Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
• Must operate fork lift or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
• May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
• MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE
• Be able to lift 50 lbs. multiple times a day.
Experience: 1 year minimum