Quality Inspector I (YUL2056_COMPANY_1.3)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35824
Reports to the Quality Control Supervisor, performs in process and final inspection on raw materials as well as on finished goods on the production/manufacturing shop floor of mechanical and/or electronic components of aircraft and/or ground support vehicles prior to presenting to internal or external customer.
• Ability to read and interpret complicated drawings, specifications, purchase orders, statement of work and standards to determine quality status; use precision measuring instruments, follow engineering orders and instructions, and interpret specifications according to inspection practices
• Assists Quality team members or management with failure and nonconforming material data recording and reporting
• Be able to determine acceptance, rejection of materials presented for inspection
• Performs receiving inspections on incoming product/material from suppliers/vendors
• Completes non-conformity and corrective action reports as required
• Good organization skills and Microsoft Office software to accurately document and maintain associated paperwork and inspection results in a consistent and timely fashion
• Understand Counterfeit Parts regulatory requirements
• Familiarity with various specifications applicable to Defense products and material with reference to workmanship including checking Material Test Reports, Certificate of Conformance
• Other duties as directed by the assigned Supervision
• Ability to perform GD&T measurement to verifying the compliance of complex detailed or completed components and/or assemblies of aircraft and/or ground support vehicles
This position has no supervisory responsibility. However personnel who work and take on leadership role by being proactive, by quickly demonstrating exceptional grasp of knowledge and deploy skills, who communicate exceptionally well and establish a history of solving problems will be successful and will move onto greater role within the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Proficiency in IPC-J-STD, IPC-A-610, IPC-A-600, IPC-WHMA-620, MIL-STD-454, ANSI/ASME Y 14.5 M (GD & T), AS9102 First Article Inspection, CARC Painting Inspection, Welding Inspection, Composite Material Inspection, Additive Manufacturing Inspection (3D Printing)
• This position requires a minimum of a High School diploma/GED
• Four (4) years Quality experience, minimum of two (2) years working with standards, policies and regulatory requirements (Government and/or Commercial)
• Preferred candidates will have experience at a minimum in one or more of the following qualifications: electrical, mechanical, electronics, hydraulics, fuels, NDI, painting, welding, structures and/or composites
• Airframe & Power plant license highly desirable
• Maintain Certifications as required to perform duties
• Experience in a manufacturing/repair station/research & development environment preferred
• Must be able to travel to Customers or Suppliers location
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at WWW.YULISTA.COM, click on career opportunities.