Line Maintenance Worker
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Cullman, AL 35055
The Cullman County Commission is hiring a Line Maintenance Worker for the Water Department. The position will involve performing routine manual labor in the upkeep of the County Waterlines, including general maintenance and installation of waterlines, meters, valves, hydrants, etc. Must complete other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the position:
- Basic knowledge of basic plumbing and pipefitting preferred.
- Reading skills to comprehend instructions, manuals, maps, etc.
- Must have valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record that meets the County insurance carrier’s standards for coverage.
- Work may require considerable and strenuous physical exertion.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and interact with the public in an effective and pleasant manner.
- Must have the ability to work non-standard hours, overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
This is a ‘Safety-Sensitive’ position. Successful candidates must pass a pre-employment drug test and will be subject to random, unannounced drug testing throughout their employment with the County in any ‘Safety-Sensitive’ position.