Material Handler/Forklift Operator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
DECATUR , AL 35601
Our company is currently seeking an experienced and highly skilled Forklift Operator. The prime function of this position is to provide support to the supply chain through collecting, loading, shipping and receiving warehouse products, mostly in the form of palletized good. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating technical equipment, optimizing loading for efficient logistics and supporting other warehouse functions to ensure optimal operation of the business. This is a first shift position.
Examples of Forklift Operator responsibilities
- Operate forklift or other hand truck
- Use wireless RF scanning equipment to ensure accuracy of inventory
- Adhere to quality and customer service standards set forth by the company
- Perform cycle counts as required
- Pick, wrap and stage orders to be shipped
- Inspect and perform maintenance of forklifts and other material handling equipment
- Identify safety hazards in the workplace
- Consolidate partial pallets for incoming goods
GED or High School equivalent
High paced environment
Math skills are a plus-mechanical aptitude a plus
Starting pay is $12.00 hr.
Hours are 7 am until 4 pm. We do work over some days and Saturday work is sometimes required
BC/BS insurance after 6 months employment