LPN Acute, part time weekends only
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36693
EastPointe Hospital is a private, free-standing psychiatric hospital for adults located in Daphne, Ala. EastPointe’s clinical and medical professionals assess and evaluate adults in psychiatric crisis. Treatment focuses on stabilizing psychiatric symptoms and preventing psychiatric commitment. Adults admitted to EastPointe will have exhibited life-threatening, destructive or disabling behavior or symptoms. Each patient completes a psychiatric diagnostic evaluation and receives 24-hour clinical care for an estimated thee-to-seven-day stay. The goal is for each patient to return to home or to the least restrictive level of care.
- LPNs will complete the admission process: medical checklist, physical health, nutritional screening, medication list, medication administration record, vital signs, height and weight, transcribing physician orders, Abnormal Involuntary Movement Scale (AIMS), and admission notes if working on the Intermediate Care unit.
- Observes consumers behavior in groups and activities and documents observations in consumers’ records.
- Interacts with consumers and evaluates needs to ensure that proper information is reported from shift to shift and during the multidisciplinary treatment team meeting.
- Provides nursing care.
- Gives direction to behavioral staff and CNAs as needed.
- Assists consumers with personal care areas like bathing, toileting and other hygiene items; medical appointments, chores, recreational activities and safety issues.
- Prepares and administers medications while observing the Six Rights of medication administration.
- Prepares and administers all wound care/treatments as ordered by the physician.
- Conducts inventory of supplies, equipment and medication.
- LPNs will order and maintains supplies, equipment and medication according to established guidelines so that needed supply is available for consumer care/treatment.
- Collects specimens from consumers as ordered to aide in the provision of treatment/care and in the diagnosis of disease and medical/physical conditions.
- LPNs will provide medication education for the consumer and family to include uses and potential side effects.
- Monitors consumers for potential side effects of medications and reports findings to the physician.
- Assists in conducting consumer orientation and other classes/groups in order to promote the consumers’ levels of understanding and coping ability as evidenced by client satisfaction/improvement and outcomes.
- Observes/examines consumers’ physical and mental status so that medication side effects are recognized and reported to the RN/physician, ensuring that the needs for treatment, continuity of care, physical and emotional support are met.
- Effectively communicates findings and observations of consumers’ physical and mental state with the physician.
- Provides on-the-job competency training in order to promote new employee learning and job performance as evidenced by satisfactory completion of employee orientation to the medication system.
- Demonstrates willingness to work on any unit at facility as needed and as directed by management.
- Interfaces with the multi-disciplinary team and actively and cooperatively participates in development of the interdisciplinary treatment plan.
- LPNs will contact laboratory, requests and monitors results, and reports all abnormal findings to the physician.
- Provides emergency care as needed (CPR, MindSet, PRN medications) and according to AltaPointe Policy and Procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize the elements of a crisis state and knows how to deescalate or resolve the situation.
- Participates in meetings and training programs so that information can be shared or communicated, skills may improve, and licensure/credential requirements are met.
- Assists with seclusion and restraints per AltaPointe Policy and Procedures.