Aircraft Systems Installation (Contract)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36615
- 15-Aug-2019 to 27-Sep-2019 (CST)
- Mobile, AL, USA
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defence as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
This position is responsible for the systems installation of the aircraft for the final assembly line.
This assignment is expected to be approximately six (6) months in duration.
- Prepare mechanical components at the station/work place/aircraft parking space
- Installation and manufacture: mark, prepare, assemble, adapt, torque and secure mechanical components and parts
- Inspect bonding as per order/GTI, drawing and specifications
- Check system functions
- Specialized in the one Area mentioned below:VTP and HTP installation,
Wing Mechanic work
installation and rigging of flaps, slats and spoilers
- Other tasks as needed
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High School Diploma, GED or an equivalent combination of training/experience.
- A&P license is required or equivalent experience.
- The ability to successfully complete the following trainings provided by Airbus after recruitment:Health & Safety
General aircraft familiarization
- Training from a vocational school or previous employer in the use of application tools and in application techniques
- 2 years minimum experience in Aviation Production or equivalent required
- Completed vocational training (Mechanics/Systems) preferred
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Aviation Production
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of System/Mechanical tasks
- Good knowledge and experience in LEAN practices
- High degree of flexibility
- Ability to work under high pressure
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing:… For full info follow application link.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.