Junior Software Test Engineer - AMPS
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35801
JOB TITLE: Junior Software Test Engineer – AMPS
The Aviation Mission Planning System (AMPS) provides Army aviation a state-of-the-art interoperability and mission planning tool that enhances aviator SA, C2, and safety. The Centralized Aviation Flight Records System (CAFRS) software is part of the AMPS program. CAFRS is fielded to manned and unmanned Army aviation units to automate flight records management. Another aspect of this work is the transformation of the Air Traffic Service (ATS) records from a paper record to a digital record. This effort provides software development support to the Systems Simulation and Software Development Directorate (S3I) for incremental releases of Aviation Mission Planning Software (AMPS), Centralized Flight Records Systems (CAFRS) and CART software.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide software test support to the U.S. Army Software Engineering Directorate.
- Directly support the development team as an agile software tester using Scrum and other agile practices
- Integral member of the development team.
- Testing activities to include writing test plans, executing tests, regression testing, performance testing, sprint testing, etc.
- Contribute in improving the overall quality of our software development processes and practices.
- Assist in the estimation of product development efforts
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Keep management informed of testing progress status regularly.
- Professional communication skills demonstrated on a daily basis.
- Mentor other team members on testing best practices.
- Reports to a test lead.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- s degree from an accredited college/university in computer engineering, computer science, or related technical field is required and up to 5 years of experience testing software
- Experience with writing and executing software test cases
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience working with databases using SQL queries
- Understanding of test automation; experienced preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development industry
- Ability to work with large and complex data sets
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Development experience with .Net and Visual Studio IDE
- C.# Programming Experience
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with automated unit testing frameworks
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Team Foundation Server
- Write code (C.#, C++, or java) in order to be able to use the automated testing tool
WORK LOCATION: Huntsville, AL
*WBB is a technical and management consulting company that… For full info follow application link.
WBB is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons in all facets of employment. We encourage females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified
As a federal government contractor, in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, WBB is required to develop annual Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs). Any employees or applicants who wish to review the Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) for Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans can contact us or by calling Human Resources at 703-448-6081. If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation in applying for any posted position, please contact Human Resources at 703-448-6081. EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of WBB are protected under Federal law from discrimination.