Technician, Corrosion Control
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36606
At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It’s a simple idea, but one that’s at the heart of our business. We’re dedicated to understanding our customers’ needs and goals to better serve them today and tomorrow. That’s why we’re always looking for driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe that offering our customers the best service means bringing together the best people.
We value safety, inclusion, and integrity. We connect to people, get the job done, and leave a memory and everything about our culture comes back to one thing: a handshake at the front door. We have 4 essential behaviors that show how the Spire culture comes to life:
Living Spire Behaviors
- We Collaborate: We reach across boundaries to connect with each other and deliver on our promises. We put teamwork first, knowing that our collective energy makes us stronger.
- We Care: We create good memories by treating people how we want to be treated: We are inclusive, respectful and kind. We actively create a caring culture that feels like a handshake at the front door.
- We Advance: We are active learners who never stop looking for ways to innovate and improve ourselves, and our company. We embrace ongoing development and process improvement with passion and tenacity.
- We Have Perspective: We strive to gain additional perspective about Spire’s business and the ever-changing energy industry. We know that every employee plays an important role in Spire’s success, and we give our best to better understand how to help move the company forward.
The Spire is seeking a Corrosion Control Technician to work in our Alabama operations. This position will assist the Corrosion Control Supervisor to cathodically protect all metallic underground infrastructure components, maintain compliance with DOT 49 CFR part 192, maintain a safe environment for employees and public. This is a safety sensitive position that provides scientific challenges and requires initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze data received from operations leak repair documents (i.e. . Troubleshoot and resolve as needed.
- Understand required protection criterion listed in DOT 49 CFR part 192 Appendix D.
- Maintain and operate remote monitoring/interruption devices in assigned area rectifiers.
- Maintain groundbeds, which may be deep, semi-deep, surface lateral or distributive.
- Analyze data collected from above duties to determine compliance with DOT regulations.
- Complete records process for areas in compliance using ERMA and MAGI.
Essential Characteristics and Competencies
- Periodically Supervise Company and contract crews on cathodic protection installation and maintenance jobs.
Required Education (certifications, licenses)
- Requires a high school education or its equivalent.
- Vocational training in electricity/electronics or secondary education in applied sciences preferred.
Required knowledge, skill and abilities
- Must be proficient in the operation of Multimeters, locating equipment, hand tools, power tools and Lock out/ Tag out safety procedures.
*… For full info follow application link.
Spire, Inc., and its subsidiaries are Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please view our Integrity and Inclusion pages of our career site.