M&S Systems Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35806
DESCRIPTION: Provide systems engineering expertise to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) System Verification Directorate (EEV) to achieve Ground Based Missile (GM) M&S Verification, Validation, and Accreditation (VV&A) analysis and accreditation recommendations.
- Develop MDA accreditation plans/reports, V&V plans/reports, and coordinates V&V activities with GM and the assessment community.
- Develop and maintain M&S VV&A tools
- Support working groups and program boards/processes for M&S VV&A
- Proactively resolve technical issues that could impact efforts
- Support the EEV BMDS Data Analysis Working Group (BDAWG) lead to maintain, update, and close OTA M&S issue sheets.
- Support the EEV Critical Engagement Condition/Empirical Measurement Event (CEC/EME) lead to maintain, update, and close GM CECs/EMEs.
- Support System Post Flight Reconstruction analysis efforts
- Prepare and present System Ground Test M&S VV&A status as required for BMDS Operational Capacity Baseline (OCB) working group.
- Prepare and present reports, briefings, and white papers
NEW EMPLOYEE SUCCESS FACTOR:
- 30 DAYS Become familiar with MDA M&S policies and procedures.
- 60 DAYS Complete required government training, and support daily customer interaction.
- 90 DAYS Provide on-site systems engineering support.
- Previous systems engineering experience.
- Basic knowledge of BMDS nomenclature, system architecture and elements.
- Excellent oral and written communications, Works with others to accomplish complex projects/programs. Promotes and maintains environment for cooperation and teamwork.
- Understanding of the MDA Systems Engineering practices and processes.
- DoD security clearance (SECRET).
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related major (MS desired).
WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU BRING TOGETHER THE BRIGHTEST MINDS AND PLACE THEM INTO AN EXCITING, FAST-PACED ENVIRONMENT THAT FOSTERS INTELLECTUAL GROWTH AND REWARDS BASED ON IMPACT, NOT TENURE
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.