Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Auburn, AL 36832
Technical Writer General expectation: To support the implementation of upgrading the site’s ERP system by updating current work instructions, creating new work instructions, and leveraging that documentation to create training material for end-users.
• Write and capture appropriate end-user work instructions and develop into user guides/manuals that will be delivered in paper, multimedia or as web-based publication
• Interviews developers, subject matter experts, product users and project implementation specialists to determine needs of documentation
• Gathers and organizes source materials
• Produce draft documents or proofs, as needed
• Specify illustrations and graphics as needed to better emphasize information or understand a concept. Responsible for ensuring the graphics are completed within the project timeline.
• Utilize the site processes for releasing user documentation
• Create internal and external training materials
• Maintain appropriate tracking mechanism of progress
• Minimum of three years’ experience in technical writing, a related field or the equivalent in related course work.
• Ability to produce technical illustrations
• Must possess a high degree of familiarity with typical documentation programs and formats for technical documentation and training materials (i.e., acrobat, MS Word, Publisher, Proficient with MS office programs)
• Prior experience in developing similar types of documentation for technical publications and written training materials, preferably with experience developing user materials for computer programs
• Preference for candidates who can demonstrate successful project work in cross-functional work teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work cooperatively in a project team environment
• Preference for candidate to be familiar with software implementations/upgrade