SMASS III Quality Assurance Specialist 2 (OCT 2019) Job Req. #: 2019-041
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35805
Location: Kennedy Space Center
Provide support for the SA-F Exploration Ground Systems (EGS) SLS program.
Perform quality assurance oversight/ insight providing QAS services for NASA SLS Program at Kennedy Space Center. Specific tasks may include but not limited to:
• Assessments/ audits of EGS Program support contractor’s Quality Management System (QMS) ensuring products/ services are per design documentation; focused on flight hardware processing, but may include critical Ground System Equipment (GSE).
• Perform Government Mandatory Inspection Points (GMIPS) and track associated nonconformance’s
• Identify quality/ safety issues, concerns, and potential risks that need mitigation
• Perform inspections, surveillance, and requirement compliance while overseeing fabrication, assembly, and test and checkout of aerospace flight hardware and GSE.
• Perform acceptance of flight hardware, receiving inspections, and review of Acceptance data packs
• Evaluates compliance of the contractor’s QMS activities;