Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35806
Are you fascinated with how things work? Do you desire to be part of ingenious solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to be part of an innovative company that has a core spirit of collaborative agility and excellence? If so, working as part of our Mechanical Engineering team might be for you. We are seeking Mechanical Engineers of various levels and experience.
Our product development team leverages sound engineering principles, broad design experience, in-house rapid prototyping, and external vendor relationships to bring ideas to reality. Mechanical engineers at LSINC specialize in industrial machine design, utilizing the latest technology in factory automation controls and motion control to create cutting edge solutions for our customers. Our team atmosphere fosters collaboration. Engineers work individually and with others to guide projects through their full life cycle. At LSINC we work hard but also have fun! Our hard work is rewarded with recognition and incentives.
• Apply engineering principles and technical expertise on projects both as part of a team and individually, depending on the project.
• Execute complete design for a variety of small projects and portions of larger projects
• Develop and monitor schedule and budget, maintaining projects on time and within budget parameters
• Assist in proposal process, to include studying requests for proposal (RFPs), writing, developing project timetable, budgets, method, and providing information for submission
• Maintain good rapport with customers and vendors, by understanding the customer’s needs, regular communication, and delivering quality products
• Ensures documentation is accurate and updated as needed and, parts are labeled
• Plan and execute tests, to include post-test analysis and reporting
• Mentors Junior Engineers and Drafters where appropriate
• Coordinate with industrial design and drafting as required
• Checks drawings for tolerances, design intent
• Develops and maintains 3D models
• Perform technical problem resolution
• Perform limited product architecture
• Coordinates project flow internally
• Conduct risk assessments
• Ability to design, manage and execute projects from concept to finished product
• Capability to develop budgets and complete projects within budget parameters
• Experience with Solid Edge, Solid Works, CFD Analysis, Product Data Management, FEA, and the Microsoft Office Suite
• Understanding of supply chain, optical or manufacturing engineering
• Ability to execute risk assessment and problem resolution
• Ability to read and explain professional drawings
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Understanding of Geometric Tolerances
• Knowledge of Product Architecture
• Excellent time management skills
• Exceptional organization skills
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of three years of Mechanical Engineering experience preferred
LSINC is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with LSINC Corporation through our online applicant system, please email careers@LSINC.com for assistance. Minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply.