PRN Pharmacy Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
West Blocton, AL 35184
PRN Pharmacy Technician (00001X3G)
The PRN Pharmacy Technician assists with many aspects of prescription preparation, including collecting pertinent demographic information from patients, performing Rx data entry, answering telephone calls, accurately assembling prescriptions by counting tablets, measuring liquids, and labeling products, as well as ringing patient transactions through the register, and other tasks commonly encountered in a retail pharmacy or as delegated by the Pharmacist.
- Responsible for creating a patient profile in the pharmacy information system.
- Enters necessary prescription plan information in the patient profile for processing and adjudicating patient’s prescriptions.
- Responsible for entering all new patient prescription information into the pharmacy information system.
- Retrieves and prepares the medication for pharmacist review and verification.
- Prepares inventory reports for pharmacist review to purchase.
- Submits receives and places inventory in stock.
- Answers inbound telephone calls and triages calls as appropriate based upon the nature of the call to the appropriate staff.
- Assists with the reviews and handling of all adjudicated prescription claims to ensure appropriateness of reimbursement co-pay and related financials and if needed as directed follows up all such claims deemed inappropriate.
- Assists Pharmacist by providing required information for therapeutic consults with patients.
- Intervenes with Pharmacy Benefit Manager Companies to resolve plan and patient specific adjudication issues.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years experience in a retail pharmacy setting
- Must be licensed as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Must be active and good standing with the Alabama Board of Pharmacy
- National Certification a plus.
Organization: Pharmacy Healthcare Solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran