Personnel Security Specialist - Grade 3
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35805
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Personnel Security Specialist – Grade 3
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Meet all Grade 2 experience requirements.
- Five (5) years of experience in the personnel security investigative or investigative analyst field.
- Experience interpreting Governmental and commercial database checks to identify areas of concern during the investigative process.
- Experience analyzing investigative reports and other sources of information to identify security vulnerabilities; to develop investigative leads; to propose a recommendation as to the approval, denial, or revocation of eligibility for access to national security information based on the application of the appropriate adjudicative standards.
Desired Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of DOJ and FBI regulations regarding the personnel security process.
- Experience conducting interviews and security briefings, discussing analysis and opinion in a concise, logical and objective manner, and preparing written communications setting forth analyses and recommendations.
- Thorough knowledge of the indices systems, various record check systems, and file review processes to develop and extract the most complete and accurate information relative to the subject as possible.
Functional Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Perform all duties associated with Grade 2 as necessary.
- With minimum direction, provide supporting research and analysis into complex problems and processes.
- Serve as expert on project teams.
- Provide critical thinking and analysis utilized for completion of written documentation and oral presentations.
- Apply extensive experience and full knowledge of security disciples.Review and analyze requests for investigations concerning security clearances, reciprocity, requirements, violations, and assessments. Subjects of the investigations range from on – board employees, contract / access applicants and other personnel requiring security clearances or access to FBI facilities.
Review and analyze various FBI investigative files and related material to determine and extract all possible identifying information, matching records, questionable or overlapping elements and other areas of investigative consideration, which could have a bearing on an individual’s reliability, trustworthiness, and loyalty.
Examine and analyze material to determine any deliberate misrepresentation of facts, criminal or immoral conduct, any signs of mentally disabling illness, sympathetic association with hostile intelligence individuals / organizations and facts or fragments of information which furnish reason to sustain suspicion that the subject may be a possible security risk.
Conduct Personnel Security Interviews (PSIs) as determined during the course of the security investigation, in conjunction with information developed or per the request of FBI HQ.
Prepare a detailed analysis of all information developed, supporting analysis and recommendations to initiate further investigation, and any additional security concerns and recommendations based on this information, which would include remedial or precautionary action to meet minimum security standards. Ensure that all relevant information and justification is developed and… For full info follow application link.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.