Personnel Security Specialist - Grade 2
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35805
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Personnel Security Specialist – Grade 2
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Two (2) years of experience in the personnel security investigative or investigative analyst field.
- Experience conducting and interpreting database checks and credit reports.
- Experience performing routine office administrative support functions.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to critically review and analyze various types of incoming material and investigative reports to discern potential security vulnerabilities and to identify viable investigative leads.
Functional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct support and service to the administration of the FBI Security Program by participating in the direction, from inception to completion of the less complex security assessment investigations conducted by FBI Field Offices (FOs) and rendering appropriate adjudication recommendations regarding the same. Conduct, review and analyze a variety of interviews internal and external to the organization. Subjects of investigations range from FBI applicants, contract / access applicants, and other persons requiring security clearances or access to FBI spaces.
- Provide support, analysis, and research into complex problems and processes relating to Personal Security.
- Complete written reports and / or oral presentations utilizing critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Contribute to development of new principles and concepts.
- Work on complex problems and provides solutions.
- Advise supervisor of potentially controversial matters or those matters with far reaching implications.
- Initiate or perform extensive FBI indices checks, arrest record checks, and the like to obtain pertinent and identifying information for the cases assigned.
- Request, receive, review and analyze various FBI Government files and related material for determination of an individual’s potential security risk.
- Summarize data and compose necessary correspondence to appropriate FOs for initiation of investigation, outlining background of individual cases, advising of information obtained from research and analysis and define security concerns. Issue guidance for the initiation of investigation, setting forth leads which are to be addressed in compliance with existing Federal standards and FBI policy. Forward correspondence to the Government lead for approval before transmission.
- Coordinate with FOs for the submission of investigation information. Examine and critically analyze investigative reports and correspondence from the FOs for conformance to administrative requirements as to format and content, and to ensure the investigation is adequate, denoted leads have been sufficiently covered, and procedures have been conducted in accordance with FBI regulations and policies. Note inadequacies and transmit additional instructions to the field, recommending additional investigation and / or the elimination of unproductive procedures.
- Recommend the need for polygraph examinations and / or interviews based upon analysis of all data available. Compose appropriate communications to pertinent FBI HQ Divisions and FOs to initiate same, setting forth any specific guidance which should be followed in regard to same… For full info follow application link.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.