Technician Quality Control
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Demopolis, AL 36732
Under the direction of the Quality Control Supervisor, the Quality Control Technician’s main function is to verify that the product produced in the plant meets quality standards necessary to conform to specifications.
- Responsible for verifying that the product conforms to quality control specifications
- Responsible for ACI testing in the Ready Mix plants and ASTM in the Cement plants
- Performs work according to specification sheets and forwards to supervisors as needed
- Performs necessary testing on pit material, military base jobs, and other projects
- Will perform clean-up and/or direct his/her crew in the clean-up work as necessary to keep tools, equipment, and working areas clean, orderly, and safe
- Responsibile for the understanding of the impact on mix changes to the Kiln process (specific to Cement plants)
- Adhere to all CEMEX, O.S.H.A. and M.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times
- Wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- 4 years in a similar industry preferred
- Associates degree in applied science or at least 2 years of cement plant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Be able to work all hours and shifts including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Operate a computer proficiently including the use of company quality software and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to efficiently work with numbers and calculators
- Ability to physically perform the essential job functions for the position
- Must be knowledgeable of ASTM standards
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, turning, climbing to a significant degree, and/or pulling of controls
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes * 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited… For full info follow application link.
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.