Personnel Security Specialist - Grade 4
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35805
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Personnel Security Specialist – Grade 4
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Meet all Grade 3 experience requirements.
- Seven (7) years of experience in the personnel security investigative or investigative analyst field.
- Possess oral and written communications skills to functionally conduct interviews, security briefings, discuss analysis and opinion in a concise, logical and objective manner, and prepare written communications setting forth analyses and recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the indices systems, various record check systems, and file review processes to develop and extract the most complete and accurate information relative to the subject as possible.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to extensively analyze various types of materials, including investigative reports, to develop information regarding security vulnerabilities; to develop investigative leads; to propose a recommendation as to the approval, denial, or revocation of security clearances.
Desired Experience Requirements:
- Advanced degree in any field of study.
- Knowledge of DOJ and FBI regulations regarding the personnel security process.
- Experience conducting interviews and security briefings, discussing analysis and opinion in a concise, logical and objective manner, and preparing written communications setting forth analyses and recommendations.
- Previous experience in security leadership role.
- Strong understanding of security disciplines.
Functional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform all duties associated with Grade 3 as necessary.
- Act as a Team Lead.
- Initiate or perform extensive FBI indices checks, arrest record checks, and the like to obtain pertinent and identifying information for the cases.
- Coordinate the submission of resulting investigative information. Review and critically analyze investigative reports and correspondence from the field for conformance to numerous administrative requirements as to format and content, and to ensure investigation is adequate, ensure denoted leads have been completely covered, and procedures have been conducted in accordance with FBI regulations and policies. Determine inadequacies and transmit additional specific instructions / leads to the field, recommending additional investigation, and / or the elimination / termination of unproductive methods or processes.
- Prepare and submit a response in writing or verbally, to recommend adjudication as to the approval, denial, or revocation of security clearances and / or access authorizations for appropriate SecD units to determine the final adjudication. Prepare outgoing communications to transmit recommendations with supporting analysis and data.
- Participate in the formulation, preparation and direction of new and revised rules, regulations, guidelines, processes and procedures in relation to the personnel security programs. Provide recommendations and suggestions affecting personnel security program missions, reviewing program material and provide feedback to the Security Officer or FBI HQ to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of programmatic goals and operations.
- Ensure that Government and applicable personnel are properly appraised of potential… For full info follow application link.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.