Inside Sales Representative
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Are you interested in helping local businesses succeed without even leaving the office?
If so, we’d love to have you join our sales team! We need someone who truly appreciates the connection between marketing and sales, someone who genuinely gets excited with each and every sale – big or small. Our Lamar office in Tuscalooa, Alabama is in search of a new Inside Sales Representative to help us bring outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Tuscalooa, AL and the surrounding areas.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
This is an hourly position with incentive opportunities. The first year earning potential is $31,500 – $50,000 / year, dependent on the individual’s experience and ability to close sales.
The purpose of the Inside Sales Representative position is to actively close advertising sales on existing billboard inventory and/or set up sales appointments for outside sales account executives over the telephone. The position also includes some clerical duties that include, but are not limited to, generating proposals, sales contracts, production orders, and artwork.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for selling and actively closing advertising sales on existing billboard inventory over the phone to established customers or new prospects via the telephone or walk-in business.
- Handle entire sales process from proposal to close; reach or exceed monthly sales quotas.
- Solicits and maintains contact with current and prospect key accounts.
- Track activity, prepare and maintain records for sales leads and account status.
- Coordinate office marketing needs in conjunction with the General Manager, Lamar Corporate, and our Artist. Update and generate new marketing pieces.
- Assist General Manager with a variety of duties, including but not limited, to call-in requests, spreadsheets, and internal paperwork.
- Assist Sales Team with a variety of duties including, but not limited, to one-sheets and other pieces for clients such as digicap for spec art.
- Make 30-50 outbound sales calls a day to actively make sales & schedule appointments for outside sales.
- Assist with sales proposals.
- Answering phones and assisting in other office and clerical duties assigned.
- Track and update sales contracts, artwork, etc.
- Chart all requests, contracts, and special requests from Sales Account Executives, National Sales, Sales Manager, and General Manager in a timely and accurate manner
- For National Sales, keep abreast on updates on all posting instructions. Provide holds and proposals for National Sales upon request. Process completion reports in accordance with National Sales deadlines.
- Maintain up-to-date lists of inventory of digital slots
*… For full info follow application link.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic