Team Leader / Crew Leader
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hartselle, AL 35640
While reporting to the Site Leader, you will be responsible for leading and working hands on along with a team to produce molded plugs for Sonoco customers. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. You must have a proven record of success in a fast-paced environment. You must have a safety first mindset with the ability to work within various teams, along with a good eye to spot defects in the work performed. You will take pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborating closely with other departments and teams
• Making incremental process adjustments, monitor and report quality of manufactured product
• Consistently providing expected deliverables and required administrative tasks
• Driving and inspiring team to improve performance to meet and exceed goals
• Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to setup new jobs and operate various Thermoforming machines is very important
• Maintaining a safe, clean and organized work area, Familiarity with 5S a plus.
• Performing all duties as designated by supervisor/manager and in support of Sonoco’s quality and safety policies
• Assisting other departments as needed
This position is in our Plugs plant in beautiful Hartselle, AL, the City of Southern Hospitality.
• 3-5 years prior manufacturing experience required, desire previous experience leading a crew/ team
• Previous experience in packing/warehousing preferred
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Working independently and managing multiple tasks simultaneously is needed
• You need to have working knowledge of our products and their quality requirements
• You will need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed
• You will need to have the ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions
• You will need to have the ability to work quickly while maintaining a high level of craftsmanship and attention to detail