Senior MTS, Missile Defense and Space Sensors Divi
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35806
Requisition ID: 45908
All Locations: Huntsville, AL (Alabama)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation’s space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for an experienced analyst or engineer to join the Missile Defense and Space Sensors Division. The individual will be developing performance assessment models and tools to support our missile defense customer is developing the next-generation of laser-based and EO/IR sensors. Our missile defense customer needs your help in developing these cutting-edge laser-based and EO/IR sensors to support future missile defense sensor capabilities.
Successful candidates will assist customers with these types of engineering functions:
- Develop models and performance assessment tools
- Participate in engineering studies and performance assessments
- Liaison with customer team to include frequent communication, briefings, and technical discussions
- Develop a working relationship with technical contractor team to influence successful program execution
- Prepare technical reports and presentations to disseminate findings, guidance, and technical information to a wide audience
- This position is located in Huntsville, AL.
- 5 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering or scientific experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or closely related technical discipline required
- Background in photonics technologies, laser propagation, and laser detection
- Experience in writing software code for performance assessments from first principle physics
- Experience with C, C++, Fortran, JAVA, Matlab
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work within a Government Program Office environment that includes managing multiple simultaneous tasks and adapting to changing priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups
- Ability to occasionally travel to other Aerospace and vendor, subcontractor, or contractor facilities
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance, which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- 8 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering or scientific experience
- Advanced degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or closely related technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience in photonic technologies, laser propagation, and laser detection
- Demonstrated experience in developing algorithms from first principle physics and writing software code for… For full info follow application link.
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, and that produces superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.