Senior CNC Mill Machinist Lvl 3 (Weekend Night shi
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Anniston, AL 36207
Senior CNC Mill Machinist Lvl 3 (Weekend Night shift)
Senior CNC Machinist Level 3 Needed! Pay Range – $21-$30/hour, depending on experience
A world class aerospace defense contractor conveniently located between Atlanta and Birmingham seeks skilled CNC Mill Machinists to setup and operate state of the art CNC milling machines on our weekend shifts (Days and Nights). The work environment is clean, safe and centrally air conditioned. In addition to standard medical benefits, other benefits include a gain sharing program, a variety of schedules, tuition reimbursement, and plenty of overtime available.
- Weekend shift works 3 12 hour days (36 hours) Friday-Sunday but is paid for 40 hours. For weekend night shift, add another 10% premium to pay.*
Major Position Responsibilities
POSITION PURPOSE: Sets up and operates numerical control machines to cut, shape, or form metalwork pieces to specifications by performing the duties listed below. Must be flexible to operate a variety of machinery.
- Safely performs all tasks.
- Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to setup instructions.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Loads control media by computer into machine control console or enters commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from database.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Changes cutting tools and location of workpiece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
- Measures workpiece for conformance to specifications using CMMs, micrometers, gauges, etc.
- Notifies lead/supervisor of discrepancies.
- Sets up and operates another machine tool during controlled machining cycles (multi-tasking).
- Assists in training other operators.
- Deburring of parts.
- Maintain 6S requirements in work area.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
- Other duties as assigned.
Two year advanced machining certificate or degree from college or technical school and 7+ years related job experience; or equivalent experience (10+ years with no degree). Must be able to read blueprints and use measuring (GD&T) tools. Experience with both CNC mills and lathes is needed. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Be able to train others adequately.
GD-OTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled