Manager, Facility Services
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Albertville, AL 35951
Manager, Facility Services
Monday – Friday 6:00am to 4:00pm
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We’re proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities – from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under the direction of the General Manager/Regional Facility Mgr., the Facilities Service Manager will manage the daily maintenance activities in a warehouse. Plan and coordinate activities of refrigeration, maintenance and forklift associates. Maintain safe, effective and functional facilities by directing installation, maintenance, and repair of machines, tools, equipment, and utility systems for refrigerated warehouse.
- Identifies current and future maintenance requirements.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual maintenance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ensures operations productivity by determining work priorities and scheduling repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment.
- Designs, implements, and modifies preventive maintenance programs by reviewing production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics; inspecting operating machines, equipment, and systems for conformance with operational standards.
- Complies with all OSHA regulations and PSM requirements.
- Ensures compliance with mechanical, electrical and all other municipal and state codes.
- Resolves maintenance problems.
- Protects employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Completes maintenance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees. Ensures work results.
- Ensures repairs of handling equipment so it is clean, safe, fully-operational and in good repair.
- Assess future repair needs of equipment and coordinates repairs.
- Direct department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Provide a comprehensive energy plan, which includes: Energy consumption, defined rate goals, strategies, action plans, conservation plans and utilization effectiveness.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies, which may improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local environment, health, safety and HR regulations/procedures along with ensuring that all tasks are carried out in a safe and healthful manner with no adverse impact upon the environment.
- Works with General Manager to develop annual budgets
- Works with General Manager to ensure Departmental financial goals are met.
- Works with General Manager to Develop Capital Expense budgets and provide long term planning for facility and equipment improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
*… For full info follow application link.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and Drug Free Workforce