Eyeglass Sales / Optician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chelsea, AL 35043
Chelsea AL 35043
need resume / send to: firstname.lastname@example.org / 205-289-1717
Optician / Eyeglass Sales
Must know sales process
Must have Knowledge of health insurance and copays.
carry out pre-screening tests and help customers select the correct frames and lenses for their prescription.
English and Math’s
Relevant experience in a customer service or retail role would be an advantage, and may be necessary.
Basic IT skills will be required.
Experience working in a retail environment would be useful.
• greeting customers at the door as they enter the shop
• helping customers select the correct frame for their lenses
• measuring the frames and ensure they fit perfectly
• ordering prescription glasses and contact lenses in for the customer
• making follow up appointments for customers
• making adjustments to the frames when the customer collects their glasses
• explaining offers and products to customers
• taking payments from customers.
Pay rates: $12.00 an hr
• You would work in a shop.
• You may spend a lot of the day on your feet.
• You would usually work 5 days, Monday through Friday. M: 8:30am to 5:30pm, Tue: 9:00am to 6:00pm, W: 8:30 am to 5:30pm, Thu: 8;30am to 5;30pm, F: 8:00to 12:00 noon, can vary.
• You would wear a uniform.
You should be:
• able to communicate with people of all ages and from different backgrounds
• able to work well as part of a team
• enthusiastic and willing to learn
• friendly, courteous and approachable
• able to provide excellent customer service
• able to sell products and services
• up to date with current styles
• Training is on the job.