Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35242
Office Location*Birmingham, Alabama*
ENERCON is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team in our Birmingham, AL office. In this role, you will be responsible for activities involving engineering analyses, calculations and evaluations, and the design and development of engineering design changes for structures, systems and components for power plants, with a focus on the economy, safety, reliability, quality, operability and maintainability of the engineering being provided.
Your Key Responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare error-free engineering documents (e.g., drawings, sketches, instructions, inputs, calculations, analyses, evaluations) according to and bounded by industry codes, standards, and regulations to support client engineering needs
- Generate engineering related documents in accordance with client, ENERCON, and regulatory requirements, adhering to client and ENERCON procedures, processes, specifications, and other company or project directives
- Maintain up to date and relevant knowledge of industry codes and standards, safety culture, and design techniques suitable to the nuclear industry
- Provide peer and technical reviews of engineering designs and engineering related documentation produced by others
- Produce high-quality engineering deliverables in accordance with client and ENERCON Quality Assurance (QA) Programs that are consistent with project work scopes and client expectations
- Build strong relationships with clients through professional interactions and communications, and through the development of quality engineering products
- Consult with other disciplines to ensure designs are compatible with and have considered all disciplinary requirements
- Travel to plant sites to interface with client personnel, and to perform walk downs of plant structures, systems, and components related to the project work
- Review/manage project schedules and resources to ensure products are properly developed and projects remain within budget
- Serve as the Responsible Engineer (RE) and/or Lead Responsible Engineer (LRE) on projects
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- 2+ years of prior experience in the design of mechanical systems, preferably at nuclear power plants
- Demonstrated proficiency in preparation of mechanical calculations
- Broad knowledge of industry and regulatory standards pertaining to the power industry a plus
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Good writing, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams
- Ability to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from a few days to a few weeks
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Enercon Services, Inc. is a long-standing and well-respected engineering and technical services consulting company. We provide premier services to companies in the energy, utility, and industrial sectors, as well as to governmental agencies across the U.S. and Internationally.
ENERCON is fully owned by our employees and offers excellent benefits and career opportunities. To learn more about ENERCON, visit us at www.enercon.com.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.