Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Demopolis, AL 36732
Clinical Manager (19006040)
What You Will Do:
Responsible for the supervision, management, coordination and provision of quality patient care while demonstrating fiscal responsibility and maintaining the highest standards of care and ensuring compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements. Accountable for measuring, monitoring, and managing quality of patient care, achievement of key performance indicators and organizational clinical performance. Participates in interviewing and hiring of clinical staff and responsible for management/development of the clinical staff. Assist other disciplines in coordinating activities when necessary, assuming responsibility for continuity, appropriateness and quality of services delivered.
- Develops, plans, implements, analyzes and organizes clinical operations for the care center.
- Reviews requests for services and determines patient eligibility and suitability for home care services. Works with intake in coordinating patient referrals and admissions.
- Oversees scheduling activities to ensure patient needs are met. Reviews assignments as appropriate with the patient services coordinator and professional and support staff.
- Oversees payor verification and pre-certification requirements. Communicates with payors and their representatives with updates and responds to requests for information.
- Responsible for review of documentation of other staff members including the Oasis data collection, starts of care, re-certification, physician orders, daily progress notes and other related documents ensuring appropriateness of care, delivery and documentation requirements are met. Ensures missing, incomplete and/or untimely documentation issues are resolved.
- Oversees and assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term patient goals, setting priorities and developing Plan of Care (POC). Responsible to oversee the management and delivery of patient care, including utilization management, episode management and patient outcomes. Oversees the assignment of the appropriate clinical pathways and implementation of the plan of care and physicians’ orders for patients.
- Oversees clinicians in the provision of care and services requiring substantial and specialized professional skills set (per applicable discipline practice act and standards of practice) and in accordance with the plan of care signed by the physician.
- Oversees the professional staff to ensure timely communication of changes in the patient condition to the physician and receipt of necessary changes in orders. Ensures communication of changes in the plan of care to the appropriate staff.
- Evaluates, and regularly re-evaluates the needs of the patient; initiates, develops, implements and makes necessary revisions to the patient’s plan of care in collaboration with the clinicians providing care.
- Leads regular patient care conferences and promotes coordination and communication of information relevant to the care of the patient to ensure quality of care.
- May provide direct patient care on an infrequent basis and only in times of emergency.
- Participates in on call process, including admin on call, preparing on call schedule, supports the on-call process.
- Participates in agency quality assurance activities designed to improve quality and continuity of patient care. Performs chart audits and other activities of data collection.
- Responds to Additional Documentation Requests/Denials as directed by the regulatory affairs department.
*… For full info follow application link.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.