Assistant Store Manager, Full Time, Hoover, AL (Gr
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hoover, AL 35226
- Hoover/Greystone AL 565
- Hoover, AL, USA
- Full Time
Batteries Plus Bulbs, the nation’s largest, fastest-growing battery and light bulb franchise, is looking for a customer-focused Assistant Manager in to assist the Store Manager and Store Associates in achieving sales objectives and maintaining efficient store operations.
If you are seeking a new career opportunity, we offer a terrific start: a wide variety of experiences, the chance to grow knowledge and skills, and the opportunity to advance your career. If you’re coming to us mid-career, you will find terrific opportunities for growth.
- Work with Manager to develop and implement the Store’s business plan, and all company programs and initiatives, as well as evaluate performance compared to plan and benchmarks. Implement operational activities to control costs while driving the business.
- Lead and direct all store operations activities including purchasing, receiving, inventory management, customer order management, sales floor recovery, out-of-stock review and store organization and cleanliness.
- Support all commercial and retail sales strategies and initiatives.
- Assist with selection and training of Store Associates, and perform supervisory duties of Store Manager in his/her absence.
- Minimum H.S. diploma/equivalent and at least one year retail experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to lift 50 + lbs
- Ability to communicate concrete and abstract ideas and understand and communicate directions using both oral and written means
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction as a resourceful, independent problem solver.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks and meet deadlines
- Availability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
We offer the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Company-Paid Life and Short Term Disability
- Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bonus plans
A Bit About Us:
Trust is the center of our business. It governs everything we do and makes up the heart of our brand promise, “Today and every day, our neighbors trust us to help repower their lives”. Our story began in 1988 with a single location in Green Bay, WI. Today, Batteries Plus Bulbs has over 700 retail store locations across the country. We are the nation’s largest growing battery and light bulb franchise. Our stores provide an impressive selection of batteries, light bulbs, fixtures, keys & key fobs, and we offer convenient services like phone and tablet repair. Batteries Plus Bulbs associates are trustworthy, helpful, reliable, resourceful, and passionate. We are powered by a culture of trust, something we have to earn everyday by living up to our values.
Apply Online at batteriesplusjobs.com
Drug screen required for employment. Equal Opportunity Employer Disability/Vet.
Batteries Plus Bulbshttps://batteriesplusbulbs.applicantpro.com
Batteries Plus Bulbs is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.